Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chapter 3: Classroom Management

This chapter contained a lot of useful information regarding classroom behavior and how to prevent problems. On page 57 students talked about their frustration with substitutes. They complained about how they do not seem to have nearly enough training and its as if students are encouraged to misbehave since they have no direction.

I hope that I can use this information in the future in a couple of ways. First of all it is extremely important as I have already learned to leave plans for the substitute that are explicit and occupy enough time for the whole class. Also, as someone that hopes to be involved in administration some day I hope to be able to enact better policies regarding substitutes. I know that at my old school like many others subs. are called at random so as to not unevenly distribute the "work" to certain people. The fact is that there are some really good subs. as well as some that are very bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment